The week's tax news in one handy summary.
New Zealand Tax
- Let’s talk about tax raises a few pertinent points about charities & "distributions" | Cold as charity
- As @EY_TaxInsights note could be more to come | New Zealand’s incoming govt to prioritize International tax reforms
- Maybe if you ignore Uber's aggressive tax planning | Govt agencies could save money by using Uber lobby group claims
- Colin James gives @BeeFaerie & I a shout out for our "useful little book" | Tax will be the ultimate reform test
- My co-author @BeeFaerie being sworn in as an MP today!
- Packed November Agents Answers includes notes on withholding tax for contractors, CRS, leaky buildings & AIM
- Between 2.30 & 3.15 today.
- Would be surprised if any Kiwis caught up in this | IRD probes Paradise Papers, calls for Kiwis to front up
- My initial impression is that AIM has too many hooks to be totally suitable for small businesses. Hopefully that will change
- This looks huge | Paradise Papers leak reveals secrets of world elite's hidden wealth
- Inland Revenue can expect more money for this purpose | Paradise Papers show tax dodgers will be found out
- Unsurprisingly, Apple has a different take on its tax "we follow the laws, & if the system changes we will comply"
United States Tax
- There's a lesson here for Kiwi BItcoin investors | Only 802 People Paid Taxes on Bitcoin Profits in 2015 IRS Says
- At stake is an IRS claim for US$7 billion | Billionaire Robert Mercer did Trump a huge favor. Will he get a payback?
- Apple secretly moved parts of empire to Jersey after row over tax affairs
- Another reminder to view the proposed IRD staff cuts cautiously | How Congress Helps Tax Cheaters Get Away With It
- CBA, ASB's owner linked to Paradise Papers | How a big Australian bank bought into Sheryl Crow's back catalogue
United Kingdom Tax
- Ultimately not a "better work story" | The ‘spy’ who stole £1.6m tax
I follow interesting tax news stories from around the world and share them on Twitter.
These are a selection of our best tweets from the previous week.