The week's tax news in one handy summary.
New Zealand Tax
- Here's me with the top five New Zealand tax tips for British expats
- A significant case which I will be watching with interest | D-Day for Eric Watson's tax case
- Given the amount involved I suspect this will be headed for the Court of Appeal at the very least | IRD says Eric Watson's companies owe $112m
- The New Zealand branch is the latest branch of this international network. It will also be watching the Cullen v IRD case closely.
- Heresy some might say, but if we are already giving specific tax breaks for racehorse breeders what's the difference? | What about tax breaks to help retain the top All Blacks?
- There's a lot of fascinating detail emerging here, and we're only into day two. Watch this space | Cullen tax case sparked by 2004 audit of Eric Watson
- Nerd alert!
- @NZInlandRevenue Do you own a rental property? It’s important to know what your tax obligations are - so you don’t end up with an unexpected bill down the track. Click the link to watch this short video to find out how to calculate tax on a property you’re renting out
- In case, somehow, you'd forgotten...GST due date
- Expect to see more from Inland Revenue on the huge administrative change ahead | From 1 April 2019 all employers will have to file their employment information every payday
- Another example of the worldwide trend towards greater disclosure | Beneficial owners of enveloped British Columbia property must be identified
I follow interesting tax news stories from around the world and share them on Twitter.
These are a selection of our best tweets from the previous week.
If you'd like to see all of our tweets, feel free to follow us @BCLTax or join our newsletter to receive this weekly in an email.