The week's tax news in one handy summary.
New Zealand Tax
- As I noted in my recent article, tax agents do NOT have such a rosy view of the IRD's transformation, probably because the consultation was insufficient Real-Life Lessons for Successful Business Transformation
- It's also worth noting that I'm not absolutely sure a NZ court would rule against Inland Revenue if it asked a similar question under section 17 of the Tax Administration Act
- Developing a strategic focus for small businesses is a fascinating exercise | Small Business Council getting down to work
- Can do better – my thoughts on the current state of Inland Revenue based on three recently released reports including its 2017-18 Annual Report
- In case you missed it here's me on the state of Inland Revenue | Can do better
- Important message from IRD here. The changes to personal taxation coming next April may well result in more scammers targeting the vulnerable and naïve
- Not at all subtle, no wonder he was detected | Hastings dairy and restaurant owners sentenced for tax evasion
- Interesting to see how many tax havens are amending or abolishing regimes. New Zealand does not feature
United Kingdom Tax
- You don't have to approve of tax planning but demanding details of clients seeking advice on offshore financial structures is straight out Orwellian authoritarianism | UK law firms are not data holders susceptible to HMRC information notices
I follow interesting tax news stories from around the world and share them on Twitter.
These are a selection of our best tweets from the previous week.
If you'd like to see all of our tweets, feel free to follow us @BCLTax or join our newsletter to receive this weekly in an email.