A free-ranging discussion with journalist, academic and author Max Rashbrooke about taxing wealth, especially on those who have it and who are ‘not in the system’, and who ‘pay very little tax now’.
- The Green Party quotes Margaret Thatcher with approval
- Inland Revenue’s annual report:
- Recovering wage subsidy payments from MNCs
- The OECD proposes a crypto-asset reporting framework
- Change on the way for GST recordkeeping requirements
- Inland Revenue gets tougher on FBT compliance
- Te wiki o te tāke: Details on IRD’s handling of the cost-of-living payments. A doomed tax case highlights the need for change. The OECD on international tax policy reforms.
- Te wiki o te tāke: Watch out for those tax traps, Treasury points the finger at current tax settings for housing, a long overdue AML ruling, and the Queen avoids hundreds of millions in tax.
- Inland Revenue wins an award but loses a case, tax advisers overwhelmingly support a CGT and how much tax do 16 and 17-year-olds pay?
- PM’s Department warns Inland Revenue off looking at a CGT