An overview of the new Covid Resurgence Support Payment What could be the implications of Facebook’s actions in Australia Pre-31st March year end tax planning The Week In Tax · Covid Resurgence Support Payment, Facebook & a DST, year end…
The new Minister of Revenue's first speech set out the Government's tax objectives including a possible digital services tax Could the bright-line test be extended? And watch out for existing tax provisions A reminder about back-dating GST registration The Week…
Top news stories this week
- New Zealand’s Government proposes a digital services tax
- 450,000 taxpayers receive a surprise – they had not applied the correct prescribed investor rate to their PIE accounts
- Inland Revenue is feeling the strain
Read the Full Transcript
The Week in Tax – back to normal after the Government’s decision on TWG report?
International tax pressure is building to create a Digital Services Tax because OECD’s BEPS initiative is growing consensus.
Why you shouldn’t be spending any refund from Inland Revenue that turns up unexpectedly. Unexplained credit balances sometimes are paid to prevent interest payments to Inland Revenue and these are getting refunded!
Expect the report from Welfare Expert Advisory Group soon. They consider the interaction between tax and social assistance.
- Inland Revenue overpayments
- OECD model tax convention
- One article about what’s happening next
- UK estimate of underpaid tax
Next week’s guest is Marjan van den Belt